With Valentine’s day here, one might wonder what there is to do as a single lady. I have come up with a list for you.. You’re welcome.
- Listen to Beyonce` —If you like it then you shoulda put a … Never mind.
- Go watch 50 shades—Probably with a friend of some sort if you have one of those. Although, I wonder if it would be weird to go watch this type of movie in public, anyone follow?
- Bake goods all day—like heart-shaped cookies and other red, vibrant desserts. I LOVE desserts so that would make me really happy. Trifle recipe below.
- Possibly go on a date—YOLO
- Hang out with other single friends—I’m not sure if these people even exist.
- Drive without a destination in mind —All by Yoself, Insert song here.
- Netflix?—Nuff said
- Sleep all day, wake up on FEB 15th—Cross that one off the bucket list.
- Hang with your pet—If you don’t have one, refer to #10.
- Go buy a pet
- Have a VDAY party for girls—Including food, dessert, and obviously sentimental movies.
- Pamper yourself with an at-home spa day or go to a spa —look good, feel good.
- Travel somewhere—Maybe to see an old friend or to a nearby awesome city. Spontaneity is contagious.
The other day my mom called me to tell me that I could open the package she sent me for Valentines Day because she could not FaceTime on Valentines Day because of things going on that day (I was supposed to wait until VDAY to open). EEEEEK what did I get?! She said I have to open the card first I’m like “what card?!” “What if it’s not here yet?!” She said “Then you’ll have to wait!” So I ran to check the mail and I see a red card—thank baby Jesus. So we FaceTime and I open my card which consists of a single recipe card for a trifle dessert. GET IN MY BELLY. I precede to open the package and see a glass trifle bowl! What a thoughtful and amazing gift!! So I have never actually made a trifle before— it was not so complicated and it tasted even better than it looked. I made sure to mention she gave me the perfect dessert to blog about. Thank you mom.
1/4 plus 2/3 Cup sugar
1/4 Cup Fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp. Almond extract
1 Angel food cake, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 Pound cream cheese (at room temp.)
2 Cups heavy cream
1/4 Cup water
2 Pints Strawberries
Handful raspberries to top
Heat 1/4 c sugar, lemon juice, and 1/4c water in saucepan over medium-high. Heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in almond extract. Dip 1-inch angel food cake pieces in the syrup and start layering in trifle bowl. Beat the remaining 2/3c sugar and cream cheese with a mixer until smooth and light. Add heavy cream and mix until consistency of whipped cream. Layer cake cubes, followed by strawberries, and lastly the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layering of cake, strawberries, and then cream cheese mixture. Cover and refrigerate.